© 2006-09 Sundararaman Viswanathan, All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Global Gyan**/Gas?

** Gyan = Knowledge (translated from Sanskrit)

I guess many of you might be familiar with the phrase 3G - it means the 3rd Generation. It could be used to describe things that's to come next or the 3rd Generation as it is favouritely called...

But my definition of 3G is Global Gyan / Gas...

Most companies/entities around you give gyan/gas on things you already know of. Its called the 3rd eye or different perspective. This is the technique used by the marketing agencies to sell us stuff, the same old stuff under the garb of new technology or the zing thing. Just like that I would like to share with you some 3G... read on!!

I just returned from the UK. This is the third day of my return to India! My prodigal roommates have arranged for a small surprise. During the "chilli vodka" party, we discussed among innumerable things, the life in UK and people in UK. Now, it was inevitable for me to start a story and include some spicy stories only to get some global gyan...

I discussed the psyche of a nation that just last year bid for Olympics 2012 and won, and this year, are pessimistic about its success and far from it... are cribbing about the amount of money spent on the "sporting extravagenza". Then, I discussed about the paranoia in that country about their status in world politics to their eating habits. During this conversation as Vodka started whowing its effects I was explaining about how people in the UK especially London, get up every morning and run to their office as if the whole world depended on it, and my prodigal room mate came up with the following story.

Its about Gazels and a Lions in the African jungle. The story goes, "There are Gazels in African forest which every morning start thinking it should run faster than the fastest Lion in the forest to survive that day and there are Lions which think they should run faster than the fastest of the Gazels every day to get food for their survival; and no matter who you are every morning as the sun comes up you start running and this this the world order!!"...

What a story and what a way to put that!!! We humans are no different and no matter what we do and where we are, London or Los Angeles, New York or New Delhi we need to run every morning to survive! Following this, I was explaining to my friend about how I worked hard and what value did I add to the organisation. On a high note! Another story started!!

Its about the 1:2:3 ratio for an employee! Any organisation hires 1 person and pay them 2 people's salary and get the work of effectively 3 people done from them! This just stupefied me... No matter what I said I got a story back! This is the effect of Vodka my friends! I decided to stop telling my UK stories and join the banter!

Sorry, no marks for guessing!! My prodigal roommates are management graduates from XLRI, top dogs paid for flirting with the girls are the most eligible bachelors and giving global gyan/ global gas I would like to call...

BTW, in my last article, when I discussed about husband and wife should live to liven up each other's life! I was just giving global gyan! It doesn't work in reality and no couple is "Made for each other"! Do you want to challenge it?? Well, then, you shouldn't be reading this article together in the first place!!!

- Ciao

2 comments:

  1. nothing beat the Shevas regal altruistic. vodaka sure has its advantage - a two liters of shevas regal drinking from morning 9 am till next day early dawn 3 am. have you tried - i do when i am over joyed. but your 3 g are wonderful. every time i read your writting, i envy you on your language - but this time, i felt bit happy - you too did some spelling mistakes. just pulling you.

    if you could write regularly atleast once a week, i would love to read. now I am visiting once in fortnight as i start believing , you write very rarely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for long time the wisdom of a man havent expressed his wise words -

    oru neyar virupam.

    ReplyDelete